When solar panels were first used, they were very expensive and not very many people could realistically invest in this technology. The good news for you is that the technology has advanced dramatically and the cost has been reduced significantly, too. That means that solar panel installation can be realized by many more homeowners. Solar panel installation is available in a wide range of areas.
You may wonder how solar panel installation works. There are several parts to a solar system:
- Solar panel installation starts with the panels themselves on your roof.
- These panels collect the sun’s energy and generate DC electrical current with this energy.
- A control device is installed that takes the DC current and regulates it and converts it to AC current that can be used in your home.
- The current then passes through your home’s breaker box, which distributes the current to the outlets in your home.
- The appliances and devices in your home use this current, and the excess electricity can be added to the larger electrical grid in your area.
Solar panel installation can reduce your carbon footprint and the environmental impact of your family. It is important to discuss your solar panel installation with a licensed professional because you want to make sure you get the number of solar panels you need for your energy usage and the average sunlight hours in your area. You also want to make sure you get panels with at least a 20-year warranty to protect your investment.